[yast-devel] WIP in SVN
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 04:47:02PM +0200, Jiri Suchomel wrote:
Dne Út 14. června 2011 16:28:38 Martin Vidner napsal(a):

+ import "YaPI::SubscriptionTools";

Where is this module? I guess yast2.rpm should have a dependency on
it.

Yes, sure.
But there are some unresolved things, so this is still WIP. I've just put my
current work to svn.

Hmm, since yast2.rpm is a dependency for almost everything, please
make sure that it stays clean in case we need to release it because
of something else.

Recently I have started using git-svn for tracking longer pieces of
work:
git svn clone http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/yast2 yast2-git
cd yast2-git

hack, git commit, hack, git commit, git svn rebase, hack, git commit,
optionally git rebase -i to cover up "typo" commits

git svn dcommit # takes the git commits and applies them to svn 1 by 1

For people who are not familiar with git:
that "git commit" only changes your local clone of the repository,
so you don't have to put Work In Progress to subversion, and don't
have to create (and merge) a subversion branch either.
I think this is a nice way to try out git.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner