[yast-devel] GsoC Weekly Report - Separating libYUI
  • From: N B Prashanth <nbprash.mit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 23:03:36 +0530
Hi,
I am attaching my GsoC weekly report along with this mail. It can also
be found at nbprashanth.wordpress.org
(http://nbprashanth.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/gsoc-report-2/)
Hi. The last week was full of changes for libYUI. To start off, the
packages are no longer being built locally and the build process is
now handled by OBS. This makes libYUI available on a wide range of
operating systems and architectures. Currently, the build at OBS is
being done for Fedora 14/15 as well as Ubuntu 10.10/11.04 for both x86
and x86_64 architectures. Interested people can find the OBS
repository at http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/nbprashanth/.
This means that the binaries will no longer be availalbe at the
gitorious repository(gitorious.org/libyui).

Secondly, the initial documentation for the library is hosted at
http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/libyui/HEAD/. This documentation is
subjected to frequent updates and will change regularly (weekly
updates planned). Again, to avoid duplications, the gitorious
repository will not contain the documentation anymore.

People who test the new packages are requested to submit bug reports
(here or at OBS) in order to help improve libYUI.