Re: [yast-devel] Is the Aardvark alive?
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 12:00:41 +0200

Dne 26.5.2011 22:56, Bryen M. Yunashko napsal(a):
Hey folks,

A few years ago there was a contest for a YaST mascot, and the Aardvark
won. But I haven't seen that mascot used much, if at all. Seems we've
reverted back to the Tools icon.

So, asking directly to the team here.... is Aardvark still alive and
well? Are you using it to promote anything, and if so, what speciic
artwork is used for this?

I'd like to make sure when the marketing team is promoting YaST, that we
associate proper art representation.

Hi Bryen,

The Aardvark is still THE Classical YaST logo. However, I haven't seen
which icon is used in WebYast.

For instance, on my 11.4 KDE, when I search for "YaST" in the menu, menu
entry with an Aardvark icon is found. Searching for "yast icon" in
google images shown both Wrench and Aardvark. So, we might need to
promote the logo better. Thanks for the hint.

If you ask for a specific artwork, it's currently the one you can find
here: http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:YaST

Bye
Lukas

- --

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department, SUSE LINUX s.r.o.
MD: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Alena Hendrichova