Re: [yast-devel] SLE 11 SP2 Branch(es)
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 13. April 2011, 15:33:12 schrieb Ladislav Slezak:
Dne 13.4.2011 11:23, Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Hi,

As we are already working on SLE 11 SP2 features, I've checked the
branches in use and found out that only limited number of modules is in
SP2 branch [1], compare that to SP1 [2].

IIRC the reason is to have only the changed modules in SP2 branch and copy
the package from SP1 branch only when needed. Basically to avoid loosing
fixes from SP1 and to avoid double commit when doing an update for SP1.

Important: take care of the new maintenance concept! The plan was, that most
features and fixes should still be fixed and maintained in SP1-Updates (also
for SP2). But it seems, that the Rules are not really clear. There are still
discussions around how to handle this in practice.

I would suggest to wait with doing any work for SP2 until PM, TPM, etc. knows
what they want and how this should be done.

--
MFG

Michael Calmer

Michael Calmer