Re: [yast-devel] contributing using c/c++?
On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 09:03:14 am Josef Reidinger wrote:
Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos write:
first of all thank you all of you for helping me..:)

i got this correct,

libzypp is backend of yast,which is writen in c++.

Libzypp is backend (library) for software management ( so yast packager and
repositories use it )

Yast core is the collection of the lower level libraries and YCP (Yast
Control Programming) language is the API of yast.
It is writen in these 3 language or 1 of them is the main language and
the other 2 are just languages for bindings?

YCP is main language, other is more likely bindings

Yast module=firewall,software management etc?
(according to "man yast" firewall=module)

yes

libyui is a part of yast core?which is his actual work and how it is
working in combination with Qt frameworks?
Libyui is an abstraction layer. A YaST module says "I want a button".
Depending on the desktop environment this button is created via Qt, gtk or
ncurses. This means the module programmer doesn't care about actual ui
framework and therefore yast modules work on text console as well as on
graphical desktops.

zypper and yast share some code or they are two differend frontends for
libzypp?

it is different frontend

Also seeing the bugzilla i saw that there is no much work for qt
programing for yast.Is that correct?

looking at yast's svn repo i found out some *.cc,i know that they are
related to c++,but can u explain it more to me?

Sorry, I don't understand question.

I'm not sure whether I understand your question correctly. The *.cc files
contain c++ code, like *.c files contain ansi c code.

sorry for my big reply and thank you for your time :)

you are welcome
Josef

--
Thomas Goettlicher