Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST will help the openness
* Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx> [Feb 16. 2011 09:38]:

Dne 15.2.2011 17:19, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. napsal(a):
On 02/15/2011 12:34 PM, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> I would like to describe only the logic of the UI elements
and leave the actual layout to an automatism like:
Group( Label( "Keywords and values"),
Group( InputField( "First keyword:", keyword1 )
InputField( "First value:", value1 )
),
Group( InputField( "Second keyword:", keyword2 )
InputField( "Second value:", value2 )
),
PushButton( "Store keywords and values" )
)

We could call it HTML, and the styling/positioning part CSS.

Yes, we could :) Except "nobody wants to code HTML && CSS anymore"™.
Certain level of abstraction is kind of a must nowadays.

Moving away from well known and well documented technolgies brings
another barrier in adoption.
This is one of the lessons learned from YCP.

Klaus
---