Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST will help the openness
Dne pátek 11 Únor 2011 16:02:10 Martin Vidner napsal(a):

Motivation: removing barriers to entry like I proposed is fine, but
YaST already includes everything and the kitchen sink, so people
have little motivation to contribute by adding new features.

I agree. Why they should want to add new features, when all of them are
already present.

On the
other hand, WebYaST is small feature-wise, so we could take advantage
of that and of the current demand for the web stuff and make sure
contributing to WebYaST is easy.

I think we need to use non-YaST backend for webYaST.

By this, I do not mean that old YaST should be obsoleted or completely
replaced by webYaST. I just think that the goals and primary features (feature
richness vs. speed and small size) of both projects are different.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960