Re: [yast-devel] Amaranth: Why Ruby

On 02/10/2011 11:49 AM, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
On 02/10/2011 05:43 PM, Johannes Meixner wrote:

Hello,

On Feb 10 16:24 Lukas Ocilka wrote (excerpt):
... we ...
... here in SUSE ...
... us ...
... Do we ...

I think this is the wrong point of view.

I think it should be more "they" and "them".

Sure, but instead of vague statements like "the distros use python", we
need to know which distro and what is written there exactly in python,

Agreed about the being more specific part, and the distros and their
specific implementation was stated specifically in this thread earlier,
although I cannot put my finger on it right this second.

because from what I have seen, this is only true for

Fedora: installer, yum, system tools
Pardus: same

For all the rest, is a mix of Bash, perl, C, etc...

Novell-IBM Software Integration Center LINUX
Tech Lead
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147