Re: [yast-devel] Amaranth: Why Ruby
* Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> [Feb 10. 2011 14:03]:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 01:23:24PM +0100, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx> [Feb 10. 2011 10:33]:
The main purpose of that comment was that we should be aware whether we
drag
in Python code (which we have to co-maintain with the community then).
For
installation, we are also limited by memory.

Regarding memory usage, I found this:

http://hentenaar.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/27-Benchmark-PHP-vs.-Python-vs.-Perl-vs.-Ruby.html

In these tests, Ruby consumed 30% less memory than Python.

Yes... on this "benchmark":

Two test programs were measured:
Hello - Prints "Hello World" to stdout.
Inc - Increments a variable, starting at 0.
Each program does one-million iterations, and is run ten
consecutive times.

Well, that was the only 'benchmark' Google gave me ;-)

Klaus
---