Re: [yast-devel] A Plan for YaST: Project Amaranth
Dne čtvrtek 10 Únor 2011 11:28:08 Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):
* Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx> [Feb 10. 2011 08:59]:
I'd target higher here: D-Bus based interface can be only local, for
WebYaST we have the REST API on top of D-Bus anyway, so why not use it?

Thinking about it, I would propose to drop the WebYaST REST API as it
is currently.

It is too low-level and should be replaced by a richer / more
functional approach. It exposes YaSTs SCR layer, while it should
expose the YaST 'module' layer.

This is not true, at least not generally.
Current webYaST has tasks like
- list all services
- start/stop given service
- add a user
- read/write network settings
- read/setup new LDAP configuration

These actually are high level tasks, and mostly are mapped to YaPI, which
actually is YaST 'module' layer.

(I know this part of the thread is a bit off topic)

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960