Re: [yast-devel] Amaranth: Why Ruby
On Thursday 10 February 2011 09:57:15 Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
On 02/10/2011 08:51 AM, Jiri Srain wrote:
Python more common. As long as we want to use e.g. PackageKit as
back-end, we need to have Python installed (and occupying memory)
anyway.

Uh, why? PackageKit does not require python. Our package does because it
includes the python client API (dbus wrapper).

I just recalled that PackageKit is the reason why Python is dragged in by
WebYaST.

The main purpose of that comment was that we should be aware whether we drag
in Python code (which we have to co-maintain with the community then). For
installation, we are also limited by memory.

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain