On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:53:51AM +0100, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

Arvin,

thanks a lot for stepping forward and starting this dicussion !

* Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> [Jan 28. 2011 16:50]:

So what seems desirable and feasible? Some ideas:

Which goals would you achieve by implementing these ideas ?

From the company point of view I see these goal:

- Keep YaST maintainable with a few people, not necessarily those
that developed it the last ten years.

- Easier integration of existing libraries, e.g. augeas, since we
still have to implement new features. Right now we start to
implement btrfs based snapshots where we will have a C++
library for the basic funcionality.

- Make it easier for external contributions.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>