Re: [yast-devel] Update media format
  • From: Thomas Fehr <fehr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 16:31:40 +0100
On Thu, Nov 04, Jörg Faschingbauer wrote:

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 16:22 +0200, J. Daniel Schmidt wrote:
On Thursday 04 November 2010 07:45:43 Jörg Faschingbauer wrote:

My goal is to insert a RAID driver right before install begins.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

To reach that goal you could use the "DriverUpdate" boot parameter and
make
the driver available locally or via network. You do not need to create
a CD.

That's what I want to do.

See also: http://old-en.opensuse.org/Linuxrc

As I understand, I have to prepare a driver update medium of some form
(be it a directory in the network) to make the "DriverUpdate" linuxrc
parameter happen.

It's the newer version of the document you are referring to,
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc, that refers to a description of the
"driver update medium" format,
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/hvogel/Update-Media-HOWTO/index.html.

This document is not maintained anymore, and I simply want to save
myself the time preparing a "driver update medium" that nobody
understands. From what I see in
http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.3/, chances are high that things
have changed substantially in the meantime.

So, can somebody please shed some light on this?

The Person with most knowledge about this is definitely Steffen Winterfeld,
unfortunately he is on vacation until 14.11.

Tschuess,
Thomas Fehr
--
Thomas Fehr, SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)