[yast-devel] Re: how to contribute to YaST2 (yast2-fingerprint-reader)
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:11:00 +0200
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 02:40:45PM +0200, Ruediger Oertel wrote:
Regarding that particular change, can you add more explanation to
the code and changelog about *why* pam_fp is changed to pam_fprint?
bnc#? URL?
well, do you need a bugreport for this ? I can easily create one.
I've been updating libfprint to support the fingerprint reader
on my Thinkpad T410 and have been sending changes for hwinfo
and libfprint in that course. pam_fprint is not based on the same
source as pam_fp but recreated for the same purpose by the same
developers that are maintaining libfprint at
http://reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Pam_fprint
and should replace pam_fp. Last part was adding pam_fprint support
to the pam-config package (I was never aware each pam module needs
specific support there ...) and I'm pushing all these changes to factory now.

I mean, replacing one string with another can have many meanings:
1) changed "baeutiful" to "beautiful" (typo)
2) changed "ethereal" to "wireshark" (project renamed upstream)
3) changed "imgmagic" to "ImageMagick" (lifted 8 char restriction)
4) changed "portmap" to "rpcbind" (different package, same goal, bnc#...)
5) changed "GNOME" to "KDE" (strategy change, bnc#...)
and it is reasonable to provide a link to details for 4 and 5.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner