[yast-devel] how to contribute to YaST2 (yast2-fingerprint-reader)
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:06:04 +0200
Hi Rudi,

hi, I've got some changes for yast2-fingerprint-reader in factory
[ https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/46152 ]
is it okay to do this as submitrequest or should I send the patch to
someone specific ?

I am replying to the list so that other people sending patches will
have it easier.

Thanks for the patch! It's okay as a submit request, although it is
more prefered if you base the diff on the subversion repo:
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/
http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/yast/trunk/
http://old-en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development#YaST_Source_Code

To find the maintainer of a module, use either
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/fingerprint-reader/MAINTAINER
or
$ osc maintainer -e openSUSE:Factory yast2-fingerprint-reader
bugowner of YaST:Head/yast2-fingerprint-reader :
jsuchome@xxxxxxxxxx
maintainer of YaST:Head/yast2-fingerprint-reader :
coolo@xxxxxxxxxx

Anyway, Jirka is on vacation now. I'll merge the patch, provided
that...

Regarding that particular change, can you add more explanation to
the code and changelog about *why* pam_fp is changed to pam_fprint?
bnc#? URL?

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner