Re: [yast-devel] Proper packaging of WebYaST branding
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:29:41 +0200
Am 04.08.2010 10:48, schrieb Jiri Suchomel:
Dne úterý 03 Srpen 2010 17:54:41 Martin Vidner napsal(a):

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 03:58:52PM +0200, Jiri Suchomel wrote:

Dne úterý 03 Srpen 2010 11:17:48 Stefan Schubert napsal(a):

Please have a look to:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/?page=/
documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/data/sect1_7_chapter_book_web
yast_vendor.html

This should also work with config files. (I have never tested) cause:

No, this is only designed to work with the files that are served to
the user:
http://gitorious.org/opensuse/yast-web-client/commit/d9ecd2097af7229027cf8d
87a1bf62ea3574af7b

http://www.novell.com/documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/?page=/
documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/data/sect1_8_chapter_book_web
yast_vendor.html

And this is for translations. Both are ideas how it could be
implemented for config files but it will not work for them now.

works too.

Well, I have somehow misinterpreted these links. Do you realy mean that
for e.g. vendor's basesystem.yml should be located under
/srv/www/yast/public/vendor?
Do we have some logic that uses this file if it is found here?

How I understood your comment about 'vendor' directory:

1. Check for the file (e.g. basesystem.yml) under /etc/webyast/vendor/
2. If it is not present there, check /etc/webyast location (= our
default)

With this, vendors could save their config files into
/etc/webyast/vendor/, while we can package our config files (as
examples) under /etc/webyast.

One reason why I added also this option is that we actually aready use
/etc/webyast/vendor directory, at least for logs.yml file.

I do not know what was the reason for introducing this, or if it is used by
chance.... does anyone know?

That has been more or less an "accident" which has not been intent. But
perhaps it
is an option now. :-)

Greetings
Stefan