Re: [yast-devel] Proper packaging of WebYaST branding
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:54:41 +0200
On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 03:58:52PM +0200, Jiri Suchomel wrote:
Dne úterý 03 Srpen 2010 11:17:48 Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Please have a look to:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/?page=/documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/data/sect1_7_chapter_book_webyast_vendor.html

This should also work with config files. (I have never tested) cause:

No, this is only designed to work with the files that are served to
the user:
http://gitorious.org/opensuse/yast-web-client/commit/d9ecd2097af7229027cf8d87a1bf62ea3574af7b

http://www.novell.com/documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/?page=/documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/data/sect1_8_chapter_book_webyast_vendor.html

And this is for translations. Both are ideas how it could be
implemented for config files but it will not work for them now.

works too.

Well, I have somehow misinterpreted these links. Do you realy mean that for
e.g. vendor's basesystem.yml should be located under
/srv/www/yast/public/vendor?
Do we have some logic that uses this file if it is found here?

How I understood your comment about 'vendor' directory:

1. Check for the file (e.g. basesystem.yml) under /etc/webyast/vendor/
2. If it is not present there, check /etc/webyast location (= our default)

With this, vendors could save their config files into /etc/webyast/vendor/,
while we can package our config files (as examples) under /etc/webyast.

This scheme makes sense in some cases:
- Admin overrides a vendor library:
/usr/local/lib/liberec.so
/usr/lib/liberec.so
- User overrides an admin config
~/.profile
/etc/profile

For our config files it would be perhaps also useful, but not
necessary, as long as the code works with no config file at all
(which I think it already does).
Then we can use original proposal 2 and move the samples to
/usr/share/doc/packages/$PKG/examples
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner