Re: [yast-devel] Proper packaging of WebYaST branding
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:35:53 +0200
* Jiri Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Aug 03. 2010 10:36]:

I see two possible solutions:

1. branding packages provided by vendor should not install their
config files directly, but to some special subdirectory and copy them
to correct location in post-install scripts: something similart that
is done with sysconfig values. Such solution should be documented, so
vendors know how to create branding packages.

2. we should not install such config files (basesystem.yml,
control_panel.yml, eulas.yml) in our webyast packages directly to
their target location (/etc/webyast), but only as example files:
either to specific directory (e.g. /usr/share/doc) or with specific
extension (/etc/webyast/basesystem.yml.example). With this way, vendor
could more easily package their customized config files. On the other
hand, we'd need to adapt some of our webyast packages to reflect this
change into ATK 1.1.

Properly packaging branding was somehow missed, thanks for bringing
this up !

Since this is mostly about moving files from one package to another,
I'd consider this low risk but with a high value.

Having SLMS as a WebYaST consumer gives us a good opportunity of
having the 'customer next door'.

Please work with the SLMS team to fulfill their requirements.

Klaus
---