[yast-devel] WebYaST - running tests from *-testsuite subpackages
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:20:33 +0200

Hi all,

There is one more new possibility to run the tests: from new *-testsuite
subpackages.
The difference to running them from GIT and during RPM build is that there is
one
more restriction: writing to a file located in the application (or plugin)
subdirectory fails unless the test is started as root (or yastws/lighttpd user).

And because running the tests doesn't require to be root (or yastws/lighttpd)
it's actually a bug.

(BTW I have fixed assert_valid_markup assertion so failed write to
tidy-failed.html
file doesn't fail the whole test but just prints a warning instead.)

I have created a wiki page about running tests as non-root user, see
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Web/Installation#Testsuite_Subpackages

Currently these tests fail:

webyast-roles-ws-testsuite - bnc#599699
webyast-firstboot-ws-testsuite - bnc#599703
webyast-licenses-ui - bnc#599715

The fix should be to write to a temporary file (created by Tempfile
class, see http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Tempfile.html
and e.g. http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/6002 for an example).

And what about enhancing the Hudson scripts to also start the tests
from *-testsuite subpackages?

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k