Re: [yast-devel] Incomplete phrases in several WebYaST po files
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:57:20 +0200
* Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx> [Apr 18. 2010 21:42]:
Hi all,
I am translating some WebYast po files and I have found several
incomplete phrases in them.

This makes difficult for translators to provide good translations since
in languages like Italian we distinguish genre and plural also for verbs
and adjectives.

As Karl Eichwalder said in translation-ml [1], incomplete phrases are
not allowed and in [2] I asked if I should open a different bug report
for each file containing incomplete phrases. The answer is to open a
report for each po file.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.

The current work on WebYaST is for the enterprise product, which is
already in the late RC phase. Touching translations now seems kind of
risky.

But if Karl agrees, I'm fine with fixing texts.

Klaus
---