[yast-devel] Incomplete phrases in several WebYaST po files
  • From: Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:43:15 +0200
Hi all,
I am translating some WebYast po files and I have found several
incomplete phrases in them.

This makes difficult for translators to provide good translations since
in languages like Italian we distinguish genre and plural also for verbs
and adjectives.

As Karl Eichwalder said in translation-ml [1], incomplete phrases are
not allowed and in [2] I asked if I should open a different bug report
for each file containing incomplete phrases. The answer is to open a
report for each po file.

Before opening such reports, I would like to know your opinion about
incomplete phrases since removing them affects the work of both YaST
developers and translators. For instance, if you replace incomplete
phrases with complete sentences in a short time such that new
translation could be included into openSUSE 11.3, then translating
current po files is useless.

Best regards,
Andrea

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2010-03/msg00015.html