Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: javascript per-plugin library
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:22:31 +0100
Michal Zugec write:
On 26.02.2010 12:36, Michal Zugec wrote:
Hi!
I'd like to share my observation:
I needed to share my javascript code between two files (it was form
validation for new and edit action + some more)
I created
webyast-users-ui/plugins/users/public/javascripts/users_edit.js

and included it into my files with <%= javascript_include_tag
"users_edit.js" %>

It's important to use $pluginname as prefix to be unique in whole project!

That's it ...

Bye,
Michal

And jsuchome pointed me to one ugly fact : strings are not translatable.
That's because .js file is not interpreted by rails (to apply
translation into <%= _("sometext") %>), it's just send as it is.
Any idea how to translate such string?

Bye,
Michal

Reason is simple, you add javascript to public directory which is jsut served.
I already look at this issue (not-supported browser js has same problem) and
for me the best solution is to pass from view as parameter translated string as
I don't see how we can use dynamic generated js elegant and clean.

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team