Re: [yast-devel] html validation
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:05:33 +0100
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett write:

I have committed a Rack Middleware to validate the current page. If it does
not, it shows a standard webyast error with the problems.

It is by default in the development environment, but only if you have rubygem-
tidy installed, if not it is disabled.

Mandatory screenshot:
http://www.suse.de/~dmacvicar//screenshots/webyast/webyast-html-
validator-1.png

In the future, as it is based on another code from another application, I
would like to extract it back from WebYaST into its own rack component, so
that we can share it with other projects. Add different validators support,
highlight of elements, etc.

Now, you can start looking at the repositories and services page to see the
validation errors :-)

Just reminder that you can validate page also in test-suite (also use tidy) -
see webclient/test/validation_assert.rb (hudson is now down, so synchronization
of new documentation is not done). This allows you to test also if in some
corner case you have valid page which is not so easy to reproduce on testing
machine.
Josef
--
Josef Reidinger