Re: [yast-devel] some packaging debt
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:04:09 +0100
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett write:

I have noticed the following:

Our code depends on rubygem-relevance-rcov, which is a package that follows a
now obsolete github convention. I have packaged rubygem-rcov.

Would it be feasible to replace it for this iteration?

I think it is not good idea to depend on tool which generate test-coverage. Why
we should depend on it? Lets make it only optional dependence. I see it same
problem like if every java package depend on FindBugs software.

Also we have ruby-rpam which is based on
http://gitorious.org/opensuse/yast-rest-service/trees/master/rpam

It seems now rpam is even released as a gem from its author (Sept 2009). I
have packaged it as rubygem-rpam, should we switch to it?

I think yes, now it is good time to test possible regression in this package.

Then we have ruby-polkit, which I would also look into make it a rubygem too.
But I have no progress here.

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team