Re: [yast-devel] redesign of repo module UI
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:03:02 +0100
On Thursday 18 February 2010 14:06:50 kkaempf@xxxxxxx wrote:
* Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx> [Feb 18. 2010 12:49]:
Maybe this won't be so popular opinion, but I thought that Accordion fits
for organizing many _different_ parts of a form/content. Here we are
organizing many _similar_ parts of form. In our case I would expect the
form to stay on one place and only change the data - much like in
yast2-qt software repositories, but place selector of repositories on
left side and single repository configuration on right side.
I don't say that using the Accordion is bad, just that I think it was
meant for different use-cases (go over large form/content which is
divided into sections without scrolling).

Well, we looked into this topic last year and the accordion-style was
accepted by all stakeholders (and UI designers ;-)).

I didn't know about that ...
Well then, too bad for our stakeholders ;-)

Martin

Klaus
---