Re: [yast-devel] redesign of repo module UI
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:49:39 +0100
On Wednesday 17 February 2010 14:54:40 Josef Reidinger wrote:
Katarina Machalkova write:
I'm not a big fan of the idea of unpacking a list item "on mouse over" -
longer stay on such page makes me feel dizzy (in a sense: "like on stormy
sea").
What I prefer is unpacking on demand, with some arrow icon hints. Like in
jquery accordion demo: http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Accordion

Yes, I prefer it also. Just add also hide again on second click (accordion
doesn't do it also)

Maybe this won't be so popular opinion, but I thought that Accordion fits for
organizing many _different_ parts of a form/content. Here we are organizing
many _similar_ parts of form. In our case I would expect the form to stay on
one place and only change the data - much like in yast2-qt software
repositories, but place selector of repositories on left side and single
repository configuration on right side.
I don't say that using the Accordion is bad, just that I think it was meant
for different use-cases (go over large form/content which is divided into
sections without scrolling).

Martin