Re: [yast-devel] redesign of repo module UI
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:56:05 +0100

Dne 17.2.2010 15:44, J. Daniel Schmidt napsal(a):
On Wednesday 17 February 2010 13:53:21 Martin Schmidkunz wrote:

Please find an idea of repo module UI at:
http://home.arcor.de/martin.schmidkunz/repos21.html

I find it hard to get a real overview of the repos if I only can see one of
them in detail. The list should not get so long that we need to only display
the alias name - well if it does, we have a different problem. What about
displaying at least the url (in a second line, small) and a checkmark right
before the alias name signaling if the repo is enabled.

Exactly, you can see only on repository at the time. I guess that the
green icon on the left side at least says that the repository is enabled.

Anyway, it's, for instance, impossible to sort the current repositories
by priority, name, 'enabled' flag, etc.

Additionally, using sentences like 'Repository is currently enabled.',
'Keep downloaded packages is currently enabled.' does not help with easy
understanding of the current status. What is important is:
Autorefresh: Enabled
Keep packages: Enabled

Bye
Lukas