Re: [yast-devel] redesign of repo module UI
  • From: "J. Daniel Schmidt" <jdsn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:44:13 +0100
On Wednesday 17 February 2010 13:53:21 Martin Schmidkunz wrote:

Please find an idea of repo module UI at:
http://home.arcor.de/martin.schmidkunz/repos21.html

Thanks.

Just two remarks:
- Repositories need to be deletable - where to position the delete button?
- Currently PackageKit does not support "services" but we will need to
implement that. So then the list gets more complex as a "service" has many
catalogs that can be enabled or disabled (but not deleted). Please take this
into account when designing it. If you have questions I can explaint it to
you.

Btw. my personal impression of the layout:
I find it hard to get a real overview of the repos if I only can see one of
them in detail. The list should not get so long that we need to only display
the alias name - well if it does, we have a different problem. What about
displaying at least the url (in a second line, small) and a checkmark right
before the alias name signaling if the repo is enabled.
... just my $ 0.02

Ciao,
Daniel

--