Re: [yast-devel] Re: YaST dns-server module silently failing
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:15:43 +0100
Hi, Nicolas,

I solved it, thanks to help from the IRC ("twkm" suggested using
strace instead of gdb, and that worked great).

I then ran $(strace /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base dns-server qt), which
pointed me to the log file /var/log/YaST2/y2log . I saved the last few
lines of this at [http://pastebin.com/f57015cb6].

The fix is to create /var/lib/YaST2/yast2-dns-server_reverse-zones
with the content

I apologize for getting back to you so late (and obviously no-one else of
developer team spotted your message and felt like replying).

Could you please, file a bug against YaST, attaching the logs you posted
above? I've no clue what might have happened to the above mentioned file
needed by y2-dns-server, but it definitely shouldn't crash the whole thing.
You can assign the bug directly to 'yast2-maintainers@xxxxxxx' to avoid
bugzilla screening delays.

If you can do some Perl coding, you may check out the sources of DNS server
module and see if you could figure out the fix yourself and attach the patch.
The code is here: http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/dns-server
The file that probably needs to be fixed is the main DnsServer.pm module.

fB.