[yast-devel] Re: YaST dns-server module silently failing
  • From: Nicholas Tung <ntung@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 00:43:24 -0800
I solved it, thanks to help from the IRC ("twkm" suggested using
strace instead of gdb, and that worked great).

I then ran $(strace /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base dns-server qt), which
pointed me to the log file /var/log/YaST2/y2log . I saved the last few
lines of this at [http://pastebin.com/f57015cb6].

The fix is to create /var/lib/YaST2/yast2-dns-server_reverse-zones
with the content

"""$[
]
"""