Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST - Repository manager
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:38:20 +0100
On 22.1.2010 16:01, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
[...]
Uhm, is the set of attributes available for reading (alias, name, status)
really
different from writing (status, prio, refresh) ??

Yes, it is strange. I think that's because it is backend-dependent.
The libzypp-backed can set refresh and priority in RepoSetData()
(see http://www.packagekit.org/gtk-doc/Transaction.html#Transaction.RepoSetData)

But this function is backend-dependant, the call has two generic arguments
(called
parameter and value) and it's completely up to the backend what it implements
and how
it behaves.

Unfortunately there is no RepoGetData() call so it not possible to query for
backend specific settings (in our case it is priority and autorefresh).

If PackageKit cannot be enhanced at reasonable costs, calling 'zypper' from a
D-Bus service (implemented in Ruby) would be a better option IMHO.

Right, but I hope it won't be needed...

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k