Re: [yast-devel] Re: [yast-commit] r60152 - in /trunk/printer/src: connectionwizard.ycp helps.ycp overview.ycp
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:24:51 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Jan 7 13:30 Katarina Machalkova wrote (shortened):
... maybe you could extend the existing functionality in
URL.ycp so that everyone can benefit from it.

I have no overall knowledge about URL encoding.
Therefore I cannot decide whether or not URL.ycp is broken
or implemented as is intentionally (there are almost no useful
comments in its source so that I don't know about the ideas behind).

I have only limited knowledge about URI encoding for the special
case of CUPS device URIs. Therefore I prefer to be on the safe
side and do not (ab)use an URL encoding module but implement
my own CUPS device URI encoding.

Maybe you could review my CUPS device URI encoding implementation
and check the appropriate RFCs to make one single general YaST
URL/URI encoding implementation which works for any case.

By the way:
I wonder why there is no basic system library for such stuff
so that any kind of application could use it - YCP is an
application from a basic system level point of view ;-)

By the way 2):
As far as I know web-browsers implement their own special way
of URL encoding for the browser's URL user input field ;-)

Welcome to the encoding hell!

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex