[yast-devel] Printer
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:19:03 -0600
Hey Group;

This may be the wrong place to bring this up. However, it is a perceived Yast2 Printer problem.
I have a Bother MFC-7840W USB laser printer that according to www.linuxprinter.org it works with Brothers drivers - I have them installed. lsusb and hwinfo --usb find it. And modprobe has all the modules required. But Yast2>Hardware>Printer under Add connection wizard USB will not show any devices or my USB printer. Why would this be the case.

I went to USB and as I remember I hit enter and on the right side a new window shows up and is always empty. Yast2 then will not advance until something is selected

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx "