Re: [yast-devel] Profiling rest-service
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:42:13 +0100
Klaus Kaempf write:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Dec 07. 2009 16:38]:
Hi,
I profile also rest-service. Its result is quite good. I choose time
plugin index action. It shows that it spend the most of time in building
XML. DBus layer takes just few percents (around 3%).
So bottleneck of rest-service (beside YaPI) is creating XML, but I don't
know better alternative.

JSON ?!

Now we create json from xml, so I think it is not good way. But I found in
ActiveModel, that escaping can be for some case skipped (like if I send some
data, where I am sure that it doesn't contain problematic parts). This could
help in some case (operator << on xml builder).
Josef

Klaus
---

Josef Reidinger
YaST team
maintainer of perl-Bootloader, YaST2-Repair, webyast
(language,time,basesystem,ntp)