Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: Only write back actual changes !
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:23:24 +0100
Klaus Kaempf write:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Nov 13. 2009 17:16]:
so I feel, that problem is that there is no unified way, but I think that
if we send only changed elements to rest-service it is quite good way.

Solving this on the REST layer seems to be over-engineering.

The service endpoints (i.e the YaPI) should be able to detect change and
if a new value has to be applied (resp. a service restarted) or not.

Klaus
---

But if we solve it on REST-layer and ActiveResource detects that there is no
change, he can avoid calling to rest-service which could save same time
(question is who send form with no data change).

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team