Re: [yast-devel] permissions rewrite
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:06:14 +0100
Klaus Kaempf write:
* Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx> [Nov 06. 2009 13:24]:
Martin Kudlvasr schrieb:
irc.suse.de#rails

<jreidinger> schubi: Who is owner of permissions rest service? I
found it that implementation is ... not good. I plan to rewrite
it to use model, because now it is badly testable.

Funny :-) I have written the first version. Klaus has rewritten
cause he has had the opinion that
the code is ....not good.

I think, that is called "evolution" :-)

Hehe ;-)

I'm all for a careful refactoring of code.

Before we start 'hacking away', I'd like to see a clear description of
what the 'permissions service' is and what it is not.

Btw, see bnc#546521 (fate 306693: User management) and bnc#546522
(fate 307147: Permissions setup)

Klaus
---

Hi,
because it is not planned to appliance release I disable setting permission
(don't work for me also before change). What I change is way how permission
is get for user. So it now report in cleaner way permissions for each module
on client side. Client Permissions module now just show what permission
specific user has (and prevent any attacks and report problems). I disable
modifying permissions for now, but way how it should be done is clean (just
need set permissions without Scr.Execute, I prefer own YaPI module which
properly secure potential security problems).
If you want setting permissions in appliance release open bug and I implement
it. Also if you don't like way how it is done, we can discuss it and change
it. (and now with properly tested model in backend is easier to refactor
behavior).
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger