Re: [yast-devel] How to stay in a tab in DialogTree after clicking Next
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:54:47 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Nov 6 12:15 Jiri Srain wrote (shortened):
I think you should use "validate" instead of "handle" for deciding whether to
leave the dialog or not. In case of "handle", the return value means to leave
the dialog with specified ret val, however, nil does not prevent leaving the
dialog. Failing validation does.

Regarding DialogTree I know currently only about the information at
http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL11.1/modules/DialogTree.html
which does not help to understand what "validate" instead of "handle"
means.

The code in yast2-printer in src/dialogs.ycp was initially
written by Michal Zugec and I do not understand very much
about what there goes on internally.

If I used "validate", it would have to leave the dialog when
everything is o.k. but not leave it only when there is an error.
Is this possible?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex