Re: [yast-devel] [webYaST] :dasherize => false not enough to stop dasherizing? (bug 551284)
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:13:45 +0100
On Monday 02 of November 2009 13:23:26 Stefan Schubert wrote:
Klaus Kaempf schrieb:
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Nov 02. 2009 09:17]:
Hi!
Bug 551284 describes a problem of mail_settings plugin when it is called
for a second time (while first time it was during basesystem sequence).
The problem itself is that underscores are changed to dashes in the POST
call. And indeed, mail_settings_controller of the webservice lacks the
option to set dasherize to false in respond_to function, so the solution
looked easy.

Hmm,
http://www.bluequartz.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=318726&sid=ef2add12b91437
160380ae3a8f078521 points to Hash.dasherize_xml which is set to 'true' by
default.

Try setting it to 'false'.

Klaus
---

I am also interested in "Hash.dasherize_xml" If it does work I would be
able to drop this work around from the registration model:

# Hash.from_xml converts dashes in keys to underscores
# by this we can not find out the correct key name (whether it was a
dash or an underscore)
# unfortunately the regcode keys in registration make excessive use of
dashes AND underscores
# that way the information gets lost what key to assign the correct value.
# So the function "unrename_keys" will be overwritten
module RailsHashFromWithoutConversationKey
Hash.class_eval do
def self.unrename_keys(params)
case params.class.to_s
when "Hash"
params.inject({}) do |h,(k,v)|
h[k.to_s] = unrename_keys(v)
end
when "Array"
params.map { |v| unrename_keys(v) }
else
params
end
end
end
end

What does this function actually do?
You have the problem because of converting dashesh to underscores, but my
problem is that underscores are changed to dashes.

As I mentioned earlier, the problem in mail_settings does not appear if I
remove registration step. Maybe just because of this code in registration is
the mail_settings broken.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960