Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST status call 29-Oct-2009
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:07:52 +0100
* Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx> [Oct 29. 2009 11:58]:

kkaempf:
- WebYaST will become GPL2 licence. Klaus will point to an example.

Not quite.

The intention is to keep the infrastructure free while allowing 3rd
parties to add proprietary plugins.

So yast2-webclient and yast2-webservice will be LGPLv2.1 while our plugins
will be GPLv2.

Originally, we intended a more liberate license (i.e. MIT or BSD) but
code consumers are not always good code contributors. I.e. the
openwsman project suffers severely from companies not contributing
back their changes.

Klaus
---