[yast-devel] Webyast and documentation
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:04:29 +0200
Hi,
Here is my summary of my documentation tour experimenting.

1) I improve readme of rest-service. If you find that there is missing some
essential information, please add it.

2) I test few tools to generate doc and here is result:

a) classic rdoc - http://w3.suse.de/~jreidinger/webservice
It is mature and working documentation tool without problems, but
generated
pages is not nice and user-friendly.

b) yard - http://w3.suse.de/~jreidinger/webservice-yard/
Contain some advance features and is compatible with rdoc. I found
problems
if generated for whole git (as you can see it is not finded any
README_FOR_APP). Also it doesn't generate links which is in rest-service
README_FOR_APP. I try contact authors.

c) new rdoc - http://w3.suse.de/~jreidinger/webservice-nrdoc/
New version contains better UI and also few good features like quick
search,
but it looks like some items is not showed (like just few files, few classes).
Search functionality is nice. Clickable sources is also quite good.

I welcome your opinions which one we should use for our generated
documentation. new rdoc and yard is not in distribution, so it should be add
if we use it.

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team