Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: Improving 'rake package' task
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:33:12 +0200
On 9.10.2009 12:52, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Hi all,

As I said in today's WebYaST call I'd like to improve the 'rake package' task
which
by default package (almost) all files when making www.tar.bz2. It has
happened to me
several times that I by mistake packaged some temporary files (like .bak or
testing/experimental patch files) and build then failed because of installed
but
unpackaged files.

There should be a better logic (like package only files which are in GIT) or
an
explicit list of files. In standard YaST there is an explicit list in
Makefile.am files.

I just have submitted yast2-webservice-tasks-0.0.5 package, 'rake package' now
packs
only files which are in the GIT repository (using 'git ls-files' command), all
other
files are ignored and a warning with file list is printed.

(If 'git ls-files' fails for some reason e.g. because called outside of a GIT
repo
it packs all files by default, the change is backward compatible.)

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer