Re: [yast-devel] mail server rest API proposal
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:43:12 +0200
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Oct 08. 2009 13:28]:
On Thursday 08 of October 2009 13:17:49 Klaus Kaempf wrote:

singleton class MailServer

I wonder if 'MailServer' is detailed enough.
How would we name the class for configuring a local smtp server ?

Well, that's why I originally chose Mail, not MailServer.

Now 'Mail' would have even less detail. Ideally, the class name itself
would contain enough information to know which kind of resource it
represents.

attributes
string smtp_server
string login
string password
string tls

What is tls ?

Security layer. Possible values are NONE, MAY, MUST.

What's wrong with naming it transport_layer_security ?

API

The URI should add more detail. Long term, WebYaST might need to
support managing local mails, a local smtp server, procmail, etc.

I hope the URL should be the same as name of the model class... which means I
am not sure what to choose.

In Rails, the Controller name determines the URL.

Hth,

Klaus
---