Re: [yast-devel] GUI related questions about registration
  • From: Michael Calmer <mc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 10:04:32 +0200
Hi,

Am Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2009 09:57:43 schrieb Klaus Kaempf:
* Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> [Oct 05. 2009 22:11]:

Having the registration server configurable in a config file ? I fully
agree.

Well,, for appliance, we do not have anything like 'installation
parameter'
to set up registration server. We need other means to provide easy way to
adapt this during deployment.

Hmm, maybe I misunderstand you here.

From my POV, the appliance vendor provides a set of configuration
values for WebYaST, including the registration server.
The end customer should not be bothered by this (and I fail to see the
need for it either).

With SLMS, the ISV change the registration URL in suseRegister.conf and the
appliance will register to the SLMS server of the ISV.

But it is also a valid use case, that the cutomer is running a SMT server. So
the customer needs a way to change the registration URL to its SMT server.

--
MFG

Michael Calmer

Michael Calmer