Re: [yast-devel] GUI related questions about registration
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 22:08:34 +0200
On pondelok 05 Október 2009 09:21:02 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> [Oct 04. 2009 21:01]:
On štvrtok 01 Október 2009 11:13:18 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Martin Schmidkunz <mschmidkunz@xxxxxxx> [Oct 01. 2009 09:47]:
Hi,

I am just pondering about the design of the "Details of Registration
Server" dialog, where the user is able to modify the registration
server and to administer needed certificates and I have some
questions about it:
* Do we want to do configuration of registration server via GUI at
all?

No. I don't see this requested and it also wouldn't match our target
audience (unexperienced users).

Well, SMT is able to handle appliances and that is a valid use cases.

Having the registration server configurable in a config file ? I fully
agree.

Well,, for appliance, we do not have anything like 'installation parameter'
to set up registration server. We need other means to provide easy way to
adapt this during deployment.

Stano