Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST packages building
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:08:12 +0200
Dne středa 30 Září 2009 14:34:48 Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Jiri Srain schrieb:
Dne středa 30 Září 2009 14:13:45 Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Jiri Srain schrieb:
Hi!

We have inconsistencies in the WebYaST build (see details below (*)).
In order to move forward, we need to have the package versions
consistent. Therefore I suggest:
- keep the webyast-specific packages the same for both build targets
(as it is now); just ensure proper dependencies of the packages (see
http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2009-09/msg00123.html)
- use Factory (without modifications) yast2 packages to build against
Factory - for SLE11 use the Code11-SP1 branch in the YaST SVN and
submit the packages to YaST:Web enabling build only for SLE11.

Thank you Jiri. I think this is a clear way. But I am not sure if all
needed YaST changes
in trunk are already ported to Code11-SP1 branch. Anyway we will have to
do this
and it is a good time to start with:-)

Unfortunately not. Ladislav already started working on that, therefore,
expect some build failures (I will try to be catching them as early as
possible).

It will involve some manual work, this is something we need to live with.

The open question I have is why we have yast2-perl-bindings and
yast2-libyui; it sounds to me like the only reason is binary
compatibility, right?

yast2-libyui: Yes

yast2-perl-bindings: I do not really know, but I think so.

After talking to Stefan I disabled build of these packages completely until we
proof whether we need them at least for SLE11 (for Factory we obviously
don't).

Jiri

--
Regards,