[yast-devel] WebYaST packages building
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:25:45 +0200
Hi!

We have inconsistencies in the WebYaST build (see details below (*)). In order
to move forward, we need to have the package versions consistent. Therefore I
suggest:
- keep the webyast-specific packages the same for both build targets (as it is
now); just ensure proper dependencies of the packages (see
http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2009-09/msg00123.html)
- use Factory (without modifications) yast2 packages to build against Factory
- for SLE11 use the Code11-SP1 branch in the YaST SVN and submit the packages
to YaST:Web enabling build only for SLE11.

Any comments?

Jiri

(*) Currently, yast2-network is still not building in the YaST:Web (resp.
Devel:WebYaST) repository for SLE11, some packages are failing to build
against Factory. yast2-network is currently failing in initializing the build
system because of conflict between yast2-2.18 and yast2-installation-2.17.

The classic YaST packages with API for WebYaST, which are in the repo, are
mostly coming from the SVN trunk (2.18), however, not all of YaST are there.
This results in an incompatible mix of SLE11 and 11.2 packages in the
buildsystem.

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain