Re: [yast-devel] Re: [yast-commit] <rest-service> master : Change calling conventions for Invalid parameters to follow DRY
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:48:07 +0200
Klaus Kaempf write:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Sep 22. 2009 10:29]:
else
logger.warn("No argument to update")
- raise InvalidParameters.new [{:name => "language", :error =>
"Missing"}] + raise InvalidParameters.new :language => "Missing"

This is looking way better now, thanks Josef.

Now I wonder if the "Missing" string shouldn't be replaced by a
constant to make its semantic meaning clearer ?!

Klaus

Yes, it is possible, but identifier is for frontend (so frontend must know
this string) and it must also have meaning, because this string is used in
rest response, so for anyone who want directly use REST backend via curl it
should have some meaning. But I think that for missing value we should
introduce constant.

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team