Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: how to pass empty string to rest-service?
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:16:07 +0200
* Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> [Sep 16. 2009 10:42]:
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:33:18AM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> [Sep 16. 2009 10:19]:
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 09:47:46AM +0200, Jiří Suchomel wrote:
Hi,
in administrator module I have a POST request from client that contains
the

And even REST does not define this afaik.

The payload for a POST request usually contains the complete instance
(i.e. all attributes). The distinction of 'nil' (no change) vs. 'empty'
(write empty value) is usually done on the service side, comparing the
new with the current value and only writing changes.

Now that you mention it, maybe we could use the distinction between
POST/create and PUT/update.

Yes, thats possible. But it needs control over which attributes are
passed via PUT, so you only pass those which changed.
I do not know if ActiveResource provides control over this.

Klaus
---