Re: [yast-devel] Webyast session with consultant
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:24:21 +0200
On Tuesday 25 August 2009 15:18:42 Josef Reidinger wrote:
another hints how to change our dynamic creating ActiveResource to
normal classes and have in each plugin usual model, which should contain
a lot of functionality and can be easily tested. (So we should have
something like YaSTController as ancestor and YaSTResource as model
ancestor).
Welcome any another ideas which I forget mention.

That is possible, the only reason why we ask for the proxy object instead of
having a model is because the path is variable, so proxy_for makes first a
request to resources.xml and then sets the right path for the resource.

In a more RESTful model like making GET /:host/time go to TimeController#show
and pass host as a parameter, one would still need to set the host all the
time. Any idea how to make less repetitive?

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST