Re: [yast-devel] Webyast session with consultant
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:04:09 +0200
* Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx> [Aug 25. 2009 15:57]:
On Tuesday 25 August 2009 15:36:07 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 25. 2009 15:25]:

Also we give another hints how to change our dynamic creating
ActiveResource to normal classes and have in each plugin usual model,
which should contain a lot of functionality and can be easily tested.
(So we should have something like YaSTController as ancestor and
YaSTResource as model ancestor).

This is tempting but I wonder which of our current problems is solved
by this ?!

We were driven by the idea of having webclient as restfull as possible.

There are two sides of 'restful'ness on the webyast client. The
'front' side serving html to a brower and the 'back' side talking to
the service client.

I believe the 'back' side is already restful and I fail to see the
need of going restful for the 'front' side.

In particular we would get rid of storing "site" in session.

How's that ? Please elaborate.

Klaus
---